Friday, March 28, 2008

On the Money

I'm surrounded by wise women. I had no idea what I was going to say today until I got here and began catching up on the posts I've missed. Missed. Hmm. That's such a telling word, in so many ways. I've missed being part of this blog, missed reading readers' comments and the posts my three lark friends write. Missed it all -- and so much more -- a lot. I'm hoping that I'll get to reclaim my life, take pleasure in the things that I've missed, more in the coming days.

My wonderful husband is recovering, and growing stronger, and we are hopeful that he'll continue to return to good health. Good news that I couldn't wait to share with all of you. :)

Kathleen's post about comfort books touched my heart because I have spent these past weeks being comforted, and surrounded by, books. I've been able to lose myself, even if only for a few hours, in the words of treasured old friends as well as some new ones, too. She's a smart lady for recognizing books have the power to comfort, heal and so much else. Yes, definitely comforting, I agree. But for me, they're more like an eggplant rollatini than mac and cheese. Go figure!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Just stopped by and was so thrilled to see your post and hear your husband is doing better. Missed you a lot! Eggplant rolatini sounds good too! I can think of some wonderful books that fall in that category.

Tory Richards said...

Great news sweetie! We miss you, too.

I don't know what eggplant rolatini is but I love eggplant:)