Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Fun

My last post was 0h-so serious and writerly (is that a word?) that I figured I'd best get back to my real self pretty quickly, before you all forget what I'm really like. *BG*

So with that in mind, I'm going to share a joke that my sister-in-law sent this morning. Or last night. Whatever. It was the first piece of mail I opened this morning and it made me laugh out loud. Actually it made me clap a hand over my mouth to stifle the roar I felt building inside. My husband's still sleeping and I'd hate to wake him.

Anyhow, from my s-i-law's funny bone to mine to yours, a joke. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Have a great weekend!

A lesson to be learned from typing the wrong E-mail address:

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years before.

Because of their hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Friday, and his wife was flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel, and unlike years ago, there was a computer in his room, and he decided to send an email to his wife.

However, he accidentally left out one letter in her E-mail address, and without noticing his error, sent the email to the wrong address.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston...


A widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory after suffering a heart attack.

The widow decided to check her E-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and then fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room and found his mother on the floor. He glanced up and saw the computer screen which read:


To: My Loving Wife

Date: Friday, October 13, 2005

Subject: I have arrived!


Dearest Love,

I know you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now, and you are allowed to send E-mail to your loved ones.

I have just arrived and have been checked in.

I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow, and look forward to seeing you then.

Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

PS - It sure is hot down here.

7 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Are you laughing? Grinning, at least? :)

Dru said...

LMAOROTL

I'm reading this at work and I had to do the "put the hand over mouth to keep from laughing out loud" in the office.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost wetting myself.

-Pam

margaret blake said...

That is SO funny.

Margaret.

Anonymous said...

OMG, too funny! Thanks for a good laugh.

Debbie

Kathleen said...

Truly funny! Thank you!

Sarita Leone said...

I'm still giggling. I must have an easily satisfied sense of humor. *G*