Monday, March 10, 2008

Know what makes a girl happy?

HIGH SPEED INTERNET...baby! After two years of living on dial up they finally offer it here in our area. I'm so happy I could cry. For those of you on dial up you know what I'm talking about.

Slow...slow...slow! And not only that, it takes 20 minutes to download pictures I receive or send. I delete half the emails I get because of that. I can't watch youtube or other videos because a three minute presentation takes half an hour on my puter. I feel like I've been living in a cave. Especially after having high speed before and knowing what I was missing.

Oh...there is a God. And on top of getting that great news my doctor gave me some good news this morning, too. I dreaded going in because I was sure she was going to say I was diabetic. But my numbers have dropped back down, whatever that means. I don't have to go back until August. Oh happy day!

Of course, between now and then she wants me to lose weight. And I can do that by watching my pasta, breads and sweets. For a gal hooked on sweet tea, pasta and breads she might as well tell me to stop breathing. But I'm going to try if it kills me!

Today has been a great day so far:)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulation on the good health report. We got high speed Internetlast year and really enjoy it

Tory Richards said...

Thanks Kathy. It will be nice to have it again.

Sarita Leone said...

I love it that you've gotten a good report on your health. Way to go, Debbie!