Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

First of all I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and lots of happy writing.

Have you made any resolutions? I wasn't going to but then decided to make a resolution of sorts. What is it? Why to stop eating chocolate! When I say I have gorged on chocolate all Christmas you catch my drift, don't you? People give me chocolates and I can't resist. I know, I said to myself, I'll give up eating chocolates for Lent. "Whoah," little man conscience shouted (and isn't the mean conscience always male), "you don't have to wait till Lent...why not give up chocolate New Year's Day?" Well that is what I have decided to do, no chocolate till Easter Sunday...and Easter is late this year.

The agony of it...I remember from last time. I will go into the Paper Shop where they also sell lots of sweets and shall stand there like a demented wolf sniffing the chocolate. Oh yes, it can be wrapped, it can be in a box but when you aren't getting any, let me tell you ladies, it smells, its odour rises like the most expensive perfume, coating you, so potent you can taste it on your tongue.

Ah well, the good news to this is that my romantic historical suspense"The Substitute Bride" is No.1 best seller at Whiskey Creek Press for the month of January...it is a consolation, of sorts.

Happy writing and happy reading, 2009 is just waiting for us...

Margaret

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the success of The Substitute Bride