Friday, October 24, 2008

Itchy fingers

It may be cold and dark outside but here at my desk, all's sunny and warm. Why? Because I'm finally beginning to feel more like myself and less like something that crawled out of a swamp. Life here is getting back to normal, and we are grateful. Very grateful.

The reason I know for certain that I'm truly on the mend is that yesterday I missed writing. I haven't written a single, solitary manuscript word since I took ill but suddenly the yearning is back, and I am so glad! I'm antsy to put fingers to keyboard, even if only for short bursts for now, but I've got a problem. The morning I got sick I finished my work in progress. So...I'm project-less.

National Novel Writing Month begins on November 1 and I've signed on to do it so I don't want to begin a novel now that I'll have to put aside until December. But a short story? Now that has possibilities! Yes, it sounds just about right...

So now you know what I'll be doing this weekend. What about you? Any plans you'd like to share? Whatever you do, wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Dru said...

I'm glad that you got your writing bug back. Stay healthy please, we need your stories.

I'm working on a new quilt project this week, if only I can find the second fabric that will complement what I have now.

margaret blake said...

I agree, Sarita, carry on writing whatever you do, it certainly makes for a better day when you can have that quiet time with pen and paper.

Have a lovely weekend too - it is great to hear you are getting better.

Margaret.

Sarita Leone said...

Dru and Margaret, thank you for your kind words! You've made my day!

I hope you both have wonderful weekends.

Dru, you've got me completely intrigued! I can't wait to hear what you're working on! :)

Tory Richards said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better.

I have a couple projects you can finish for me:)