Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Transitions

For the first time in years I'm not writing nor do I have big project in mind. I'm at a juncture and taking a break to read, read, read. Every ten years or so I have to step back and decide where I'm going with my own work.

It's frightening to not be busy but exhalirating as well -- because anything is possible. I'm inspired by writers like Ann Patchett who are so versatile. I just read Bel Canto and The Magician's Apprentice and now I'm switching from her novels to her biography, Truth and Beauty.

Soon I'll be back to work on something and I'm enjoying the process of discovering what that something is.

3 comments:

margaret blake said...

Please don't leave us too long without a Kathy O' Connor book, Kathy. Already I have severe withdrawal symptoms.

Sarita Leone said...

I'm with Margaret. I would hate to go too long without reading one of your fabulous stories.

But I can sincerely understand the need to take a step away, recharge and refresh. I do it every once in a while and it really helps me bring a new outlook to the blank page.

Enjoy your reading! :)

Kathleen said...

Thanks, ladies!