Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Baking

I bake a lot all year long, but in December I bake an awful lot. My husband enjoys warm-from-the-oven cookies, so I bake up a new batch every few days. Yesterday I made very simple cream cheese cookies, one of his favorites. I thought you might enjoy making them at your house.

Do you bake more frequently during the holidays? If so, do you have a favorite cookie recipe you use? I'm very curious!

Have a great weekend. :)

Cream Cheese Cookies

1 cup butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1½ cups sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
½ t. almond extract
1 egg
3½ cups flour
Beat butter and cream cheese
with an electric mixer until well blended.
Add sugar, baking powder,
vanilla and almond extract and continue mixing.
Add egg and flour.
Chill dough for 2 hours.

Roll dough to desired thickness
and cut with cookie cutters.
Place on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in 375-degree oven for 10 minutes.
~

4 comments:

Tory Richards said...

Sound yummy Sarita!

Sarita Leone said...

Thank you Debbie! :)

margaret blake said...

Oh my gosh, I have forgotten how to bake, thanks for the recipe but I know I won't use it. Pastry does not like my hands!!!

Kathleen said...

Wish we weren't on South Beach. Does sound yummy.