Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Christmas Day is so special. I was out early this morning, we have weak sunlight and it is fairly mild so I walked to Church and back again. There is something lovely about Christmas Day, when you are outside the silence wraps itself around you, which is a blessing in itself. Town was very still and peaceful, just the occasional swish of a car passing by.

The lights twinkled at peoples windows and I wondered what was happening inside their homes. Doubtless, the homes that have children are filled with lots of happy cries and the sound of crisp wrapping paper being torn asunder. Then, there are those who will be sad, perhaps shedding a tear in rememberance of a Christmas past when things were better.

I so admire those people who give up their Christmas to look after homeless people, that to me is the true spirit and essence of Christmas. Giving is far more rewarding than receiving after all, which is something we all sometimes forget.

Whatever you are doing, wherever you are Christmas Blessings to you all.

Margaret

3 comments:

Tory Richards said...

Nice post Margaret. And it must be nice to live in a place where you can actually walk to church.

margaret blake said...

Yes it is, Debbie, I do miss the ability to walk to the shops in Florida when I am there. Here in our town you can walk lots, I call it a walking town. However, lots of places in England are like that, simply because there are not as many "new towns" as in the States.

Paris is fantastic for walking too. My Grandkids thought it wonderful to be able to walk on these wide boulevards.

Margaret.

Kathleen said...

What a nice blog -- I'd love to live in a 'walking town'