Sunday, February 8, 2009

Men and Their Toys!

My hubby has a new toy and he loves it! He uses it every day. Once, twice, three times, sometimes on and off all day, no matter what the time. When he gets the urge, he just whips it out and uses it. You'd think he would tire of it after a while. I know I am tired of it because I'm the one at the receiving end of it!

I'm talking about his new cell phone. It's the first one he's ever had. I swear he's like a big kid. Yesterday while we were grocery shopping he called me half a dozen times in the store. Once while I was in line waiting to check out...the darn fool was right behind me! I glared back at him and he's standing there with that big stupid grin on his old face, trying to act all cool.

"Do I look cool?" he grins.
"You're a dork," I say back to him. Then grin because I can't help it.

Men and their toys. He's so far behind the times that he doesn't know that no one pays any attention to someone on their cell phones anymore. It's not like in the beginning when very few people could afford the luxury of having one. Those were the ones you looked at in awe, thinking how important they must be to have a cell phone. You know, back when they were the size of a loaf of bread? LOL

Some men never grow up!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That's so fun. But it's not just men you should see me with my label maker.