Friday, July 10, 2009

Looking for Rain...

...so I'll have an excuse to stay inside and bake cookies. Bad weather is so easy to find most months of the year, but during the summer I wait for a gloomy day to brush off my recipes and pull out my mixing bowls.

Today I'll be baking one of my hubby's favorites. I thought these might go over big in your house, too!

Have a nice weekend!

Jam Tarts

1¼ cups unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
2 cups ground almonds
1/8 t. cinnamon
7 T. raspberry jam
confectioner’s sugar

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add flour, almonds and cinnamon.

Shape the dough into a ball
and refrigerate for one hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Roll the dough out and cut into circles.

Place on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 12 minutes.
Cool.

Spread half of the rounds with jam. Place remaining rounds over jam to form “sandwiches” and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
~

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Loved these when I was a kid. It's been raining here for weeks.