Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Cover Came!


Yesterday I got my cover for Men of Paradise. It was created by the talented Nicola Martinez and I love it.

Am sharing an excerpt where my heroine, Lauren, learns that her neighbor's will indicates she must share custody of Dudley, the deceased woman's dog, with a man named Yuma Hawk.

“What was Ina thinking?” Lauren said to the equally outraged dog. “This isn’t good for you; it’s terrible for David, and uncomfortable for me.” She eased into a plastic lawn chair and had just stretched out when a grey Chevy Blazer breezed into the driveway.

“You can bite him,” she whispered to Dud as an athletic looking man in jeans, faded blue shirt, and black sport coat approached the porch. His skin was bronze and his hair long and silky. Lauren was sure she had seen someone this good looking before == maybe on the big screen in a chilly movie theater. In her experience guys with GQ looks like his were always morons.

He opened the screen door and crooned, “Hey, baby! How are you doing?”

“Doing all right,” Lauren answered before realizing he was talking to the dog. She blushed and folded her hands behind her back.

Dudley, the traitor, inched forward to sniff the stranger’s cowboy boots. Yuma Hawk whipped out a bone as big as a bow tie. The dog snared it, then gulped it down.

Already he is outspending me on dog treats. Lauren stood frozen while Hawk switched the high-beam smile from the dog to her, and advanced with an extended hand. “Good to finally meet you, Lauren. You’re a bit younger than I expected.”

6 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Kathy, I can't wait to read this! It sounds wonderful and that cover is just gorgeous. Congratulations!

Viola Estrella said...

Beautiful cover and really cute excerpt!

Loretta C. Rogers said...

Kathy,

Nicola did my cover. She is v. artistic. But, so are all of TWRP cover artist. Your story sounds great.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, ladies.

margaret blake said...

I love the cover, Kathy, but I must say the story is the greatest thing about this book.

Good luck,

Margaret.

Tory Richards said...

Another beautiful cover! And great excerpt, it gave me a chuckle. I wish you many sales my friend!