Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Falling for Fall

Though I'm knee-deep in galleys and neck-deep in medical appointments, I'm still enjoying Fall. Things are getting cooler here in Florida. Two days ago some refreshing breezes arrived, and we are loving be able to enjoy the outdoors again.

How do you enjoy autumn? I love fragrant pumpkin candles and the smell of apple pie. Today I bought some Rome apples -- probably grown in Sarita's area. It'd a bit harder to celebrate the changing seasons in Florida. Nothing like the flaming trees we enjoyed in Connecticut. But there are subtle changes and every season has its own beauty.

4 comments:

margaret blake said...

I used to love Autumn in New England too, those fantastic trees. Here in England where we have had a dreadful summer, we are having warm sunny days, so this Autumn might be extra special.

These days I prefer Spring - new life, fresh beginnings, but I do appreciate those lines of Keats -
"Season of Mists and mellow fruitfulness..."

Lovely blog, Kathy

Margaret.

Tory Richards said...

I love fall, it's my favorite time of year. And the weather has been cooler, thank God. I heard on the news we are going to get a cold front soon, it's going to drop to the 60's and only go as high as the 80's during the day! Okay, it won't last long but I'll take it.

Can't burn candles, thanks to my pesky cats!

Sarita Leone said...

Your fall sounds lovely! I love this time of year.

I have been placing gourds and pumpkins everywhere (we grew them!) and we've picked apples by the bushel. The trees are beginning to turn... so pretty, all of it.

Sharing the round of doctor appointments with you. *Sigh* It seems like they never end.

Wonderful post!

Kathleen said...

Fun to spend Fall with you ladies!