Monday, January 7, 2008

Big Breakfast?

Okay, I have to share what I saw the other morning when hubby and I went to breakfast. We favor this little non-chain restaurant downtown because they're cheap and the food is actually very good. It's always jam packed and sometimes you have to wait, but not long. There's nothing fancy about the place but they do a heck of a business.

Well, we were sitting there waiting for our breakfast. We always order the same thing, a half order of biscuits and sausage gravy and a side of potatoes. The tables and booths are pretty close and I couldn't help notice the people sitting at the booth beside our table. They got their food about the same time ours arrived.

Ever tried enjoying a hearty plate of biscuits and gravy when the woman next to you seems to be struggling to get down a single pancake thin enough to see through? Without syrup no less! Why did she even bother ordering breakfast? I felt so self-conscious I could barely finish my breakfast off. I think I actually left a fork or two on my plate just so she could see I wasn't a total pig:)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Going out to breakfast sounds like a fun custom.