Monday, December 31, 2007

My Little Stalkers

For me anyway. Now tell me, how am I supposed to get any writing done? Isn't she cute?

I have two, a juvenile delinquent, not kidding. Gin Gin's been in cat time out more that I ever had to put my daughter when she was growing up. And she's such a bad influence on our older cat, Rufas. He used to be so calm and quiet, perfect actually. But now he copies everything Gin Gin does. It's like he's in his second cat hood or something!

If they weren't cute and we didn't love them to pieces I'd tell them to go play out in the street! They're indoor cats. And when they're playing they sound like elephants stomping through the house. They're into everything! If you open a door, better check to make sure one of them hasn't snuck in because more than once Gin Gin has been locked up in a closet or kitchen cupboard. It's not until we hear her faint cries, and have to find her, that she's released from her prison.

And sleeping! Well, I've been woken up many times because my bed is their play pen. And they don't care who gets in their way. At times I feel like I've been sucker punched because one of them will jump on my chest, belly and at times face as they're romping around. My legs have been used as scratching posts, which reminds me, Gin Gin gets declawed next month:)

We love the little devils. They amuse us, and love us back unconditionally. Right now as I type this Gin Gin is next to me on top of the shredder, don't worry, it has a cover on it. And Rufus is at my feet. Wherever I go, they follow. I call them my little stalkers.

They say having animals around for the elderly is comforting and I have to agree. I see a definite improvement in my hubby, with regard to his health and outlook in life. He's retired and at home all the time, so when I'm working they keep him company.

Of course, he won't clean out their litter box!

4 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Oh Debbie, this is such an adorable photo! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love it! :)

I know what you mean about closing the cats in cupboards. One time when our Mimi was a kitten she got closed into the coat closet. The little sweetie doesn't "Meow" so it was a little bit before we realized she was missing and began to look for her. When my husband opened the closet door she was curled up on a pair of shoes, just looking up as if to say, "What took you so long?"

Your kitty has made me smile! Thank you!

And Happy New Year!!

Kathleen said...

Where would be without our little four-footed housemates?

margaret blake said...

How lovely, the cats sound delightful and the picture is lovely, makes me go all squishy squashy!

I would love to put up a picture of Eddie but don't have the know how yet to do that.

I love their little beating hearts (cats).

Margaret.

Tory Richards said...

I can just visualize her, Sarita. We panic over them when we can't find them and they act like nothing is wrong.

Hi Kathy! I'd be totally lost without them. Haven't had them that long but they grew on me fast.

Margaret, send me a picture of Eddie in an e-mail and I'll be glad to put it up for you if you want:)