Friday, August 12, 2011




This week I have been oh so busy. Tuesday saw me go on a coach trip to the farthest reaches of the Yorkshire Dales, we visited a beautiful town called Bedale and went on a day trip to a stately home. Thorp Perrow. Doesn't the house look like it's stepped out of a Jane Austen novel. The delight was watching a Falconer at work, seeing Meerkats for the first time, and of course wandering in the beautiful grounds. The trees were magnificent, I wish I had taken more pictures.








Perhaps it was the day out but I was suddenly inspired to write a novel set in the North Country, I started with a tremulous heart but it's coming along nicely. I am not sure it will work out but I do hope it does. Meanwhile, I shall enjoy looking at the lovely house (it's not the one in my novel by the way) and gaining inspiration.

7 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Oh Margaret, I'm so happy to hear you're writing. My heart is singing for you.

This is a gorgeous photo. I love it that you share the sights from your part of the world with us. Someday I hope to see it all in person, but until then I'm loving seeing it through your eyes. And I completely see how this amazing home would inspire you! Simply fabulous!

Jess said...

Stunning photograph!!

Shearer's Girl said...

You're over here in England? How exciting. I love visiting stately homes.

margaret blake said...

Thank you all. Yes "Shearer's Girl" I live in England. I love visiting these properties too. Although the house is private, you only can view the extensive grounds and see animals, as well as a falconry show. Excellent cafe as well.

Pauline Holyoak said...

Love this photo. It's so enchanting. I could see it as a Historical Romance bookcover.

Kathleen said...

Lovely!

Shearer's Girl said...

I got in a muddle, thinking you were Sarita! Doh.