Friday, June 24, 2011

Progress

I hope you're having a peaceful week. Here at Casa Leone, there's lots going on. Mowing, weeding, wood stacking, writing and even--surprise!--cooking. I know, I know, cooking doesn't seem like a big deal but believe me, my getting back into the kitchen is a huge accomplishment. My husband and I cooked together all the time, and now that he's gone the kitchen is just a sad place.

But it seems that with each passing day, the sadness dims a bit. Which is really good, considering I've been living on frozen dinners for weeks!

So, I ventured in with the pots and pans yesterday. The result? A comfort food dish. Nothing extraordinary. Just plain, old mac and cheese.

It was great! Who knows? Eating from-scratch food just might grow on me.

What about you? Any fun in the kitchen you'd care to share? Recipes? I'm open to suggestions!

I hope you have a lovely weekend.


5 comments:

Mary said...

Sarita, I would like the recipe! Looks great!

Dru said...

Yum. I'm a one-pot person that's why I love making pasta and sauce and it's enough for one person for several days.

Anonymous said...

That looks delish!!

Sue W.

Shearer's Girl said...

Frozen dinners - they seem like a good idea but after a while they all taste the same - wall paper paste. You can't beat home cooking. I've just picked a load of gooseberries from the allotment, wondering what to do with them, crumble maybe?

margaret blake said...

That mac and cheese looks great, I love the crusty topping which I never get when I make mac and cheese.