Friday, April 22, 2011

George


A few weeks ago I spent some time with friends. One of the residents of the household is George, pictured above. He is adorable. You're probably wondering why I'm talking about a cat, aren't you? Stay with me, please. I do have a point.

George is adored by all, especially Aidan who technically "owns" George. If you ask him, he'll tell you George is "his" but I'm pretty convinced that George is all his own. He just lets the young man believe there's an ownership issue.

So why is George such a popular figure in this large family? How can such a small being hold such an esteemed place of honor?

It's easy to understand when you think about it. George has all the qualities we aspire to in ourselves and look to find in those we care about.

He's loyal. Ask Aidan, who finds George snuggling him in the night, keeping his "owner" safe, secure and warm.

George is smart. See the photo? The patch of sunlight was tempting but even more so when Maegan placed her computer case there. George hopped right onto it, recognizing he'd be both sunned and comfortably padded. Brilliant!

The furry one's greatest asset is his ability to love. He enthusiastically displays his affection--for everyone, not just Aidan. George loves, and is loved.

I could go on, but you get the idea. When I sat down to write this blog post I wondered what to share with you today. Then, it hit me. I'd share George. Why not spread the love around?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

George sounds like our Fred. Lovely blog, Sarita.

Sue W.

Dru said...

Thanks for sharing George with us.

Kathleen said...

George sounds like a marvelous creature! Glad to meet him.

Anonymous said...

You know I love kitties! George is so cute!

Have a good Easter!

Jess

Melissa McClone said...

What a cutie. thanks for introducing us to George!