Saturday, September 26, 2009

Popping In

Good morning, friends.

No, don't check your calendar. It's Saturday, not Friday.

I know, I know...I'm supposed to visit on Friday but, in all honesty, Friday began and ended almost before I could shake the sleep from my eyes. You must have had a few of those days, haven't you? You know the kind, where your feet hit the floor in the morning at a fast jog and don't stop until you lift them late at night to tuck them beneath the covers, don't you?

Anyhow, I apologize for missing Friday. I'll try to be more punctual next week, I promise!

Today is one of those perfectly gorgeous fall days where the sky is blue, the breeze cool but not chilly and there are still flowers around to add spashes of color to the yard. I love days like this, and I plan to take full advantage of the fine weather. I'm going to mulch the flower beds and till the vegetable gardens under. Then, I'll bake a fast batch of my husband's favorite fig cookies before we settle in for a just-for-two Saturday night pizza and movie party.

That's the plan, for now at least. What do you have planned for today? Anything you'd care to share?

Whatever you've got up your sleeve, I hope your day is lovely. Happy Saturday!


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Happy Saturday to you. I envy you your brisk fall weather -- it's still hot here in Florida. We are doing indoor activities -- reading, taking an art class on DVD.