Sunday, June 7, 2009

Eating Healthier

It's funny what you'll force yourself to eat when you're trying to be healthy. The nutrisystem program I'm on is easy to follow. You can eat anything the program offers. But the portions are small. So I find myself eating about every 2-3 hours, kind of like a newborn baby. Since I'm only provided three meals a day and one snack by them I'm forced to eat fruit and veggies in between meals.

I love veggies. No problem there. But I've never been a fruit person. Bananas and apples I can tolerate so I've been eating a lot of them. Lately I've been eating blueberries. I heard they're loaded with antioxidants, whatever those are. It wouldn't be so bad if they were sweet. Some of them are, but some are so sour I can barely get them down. Every time I do I remind myself that they're supposed to be good for me.

I shouldn't complain. I did just eat a delicious chocolate brownie...compliments of nutrisystem:)

And by the way, I've lost 12 pounds!