Friday, December 18, 2009

Connections

Don’t you just love the way families reconnect over the holidays? No one can hold a grudge, or recall who said what to whom, so they smile, hug and share news while they break bread. It warms my heart every time I witness a reunion, especially one where no one truly expected the parties to ever set aside their differences.

Miracles, it seems, do happen. And isn’t it fabulous?

Around here we have been getting lots of phone calls from distant family and friends. While there are no hatchets to bury or squabbles to set aside, it still feels great to speak with people we don’t hear from more than a few times each year. I love catching up, hearing the latest news and sharing our stories. I suppose that as much as we’d love to think we’re independent, we’re all still connected. It’s the connectedness that lifts my heart and nourishes my soul.

What about you? Are you feeling connected with those in your life, near and far? Do you maybe have someone you’d like to reconnect with? I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do, but I will say that this is the perfect time of year to extend a hand in friendship and love. It seems no one is able to turn away, and fences mend more easily when hearts are light.

The snow…I think that’s part of the magic but that’s only my opinion!

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful blog, Sarita. It is part of the holiday magic to connect with loved ones.

Tory Richards said...

Great post Sarita.