Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Going Home

I have missed two posts as I am here in Florida with my family. I did intend to post while I was here but just forgot. You will appreciate when you only get to be with your family once a year, you just want to be with them and everything else goes out of the window.

Well today I set sail for that Atlantic crossing. Forgive me, that is the romantic novelist speaking and wishing for more leisurely days of travel. really I will be hopping on the big bird, first to Atlanta and thence to the UK. It will be cold, I shall miss my family but also the sensual heat and slowness of pace that is life in Florida - oops being romantic again. I have been - as my daughter in law says - dragged all around Tampa Bay watching the kids play their various sports, so what. I loved every single moment.

Next week watch out for some great pics. One thing I will be glad to see at home (apart from my husband of course) is my mouse. No not a real mouse, hate the things, but the one attached to my computer. Using my daughter in law's lap top with just that squidgy thing you have to jiggle with has driven me mad. I know people like them but give me a mouse anytime - just so long as it isn't running around, of course.

Bye for now.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hope the trip home went well. Was great seeing you! We are just back from seeing family in Naples and that was fun too.

margaret blake said...

How lovely, so glad you made it, Kathleen.

I feel terrible, like a lump of lard but this jeg lag will pass, given time.

Tory Richards said...

I totally understand where you're coming from Margaret! Nothing takes the place of spending quality time with family you don't see that often.

Also understand your comment about the mouse.

Tory Richards said...

I totally understand where you're coming from Margaret! Nothing takes the place of spending quality time with family you don't see that often.

Also understand your comment about the mouse.