Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas


I love this season. The decorations are spectacular here in Florida. My neighbor's homes are lighted and festive and evening walks no longer require a flashlight. What I especially like are the holiday cards and hearing from old and new friends. I have all the cards displayed on the window seat in my kitchen.


I also like the shopping and wrapping but didn't do it this year. As a family we decided to skip giving each other presents and donate the money to charity. I selected a local mission that aids the children of migrant workers. I'll do that donation next year too but I might go back to giving presents as well. I kind of missed standing in line at the post office and all the holiday hustle and bustle. So the week after Christmas I'm going to start shopping for next year.


Have a great holiday!


2 comments:

margaret blake said...

What a lovely idea,the giving of money to charities, I am sure it will be so much appreciated.
I too am enjoying hte lights here in Florida, so lovely to see.

Tory Richards said...

Great idea! And I know giving to charity made you feel good inside. Happy holidays to you and your family, Kathy!