Friday, April 30, 2010

Reservation Required

Reservation Required released a few days ago with The Wild Rose Press. I just love this cover! It fits the story perfectly--don't you love it when that happens?

Thursday, April 29, 2010


I was thinking today about what I could blog about and nothing has come to mind. It's one of those days. Shall I tell you about how the lawn mower gave up the ghost and now I have to stay in all day tomorrow for them to bring a new one? Boring.How I need to clean out a draw that is looking particularly ropey...ditto to boring.

It's one of those weeks when nothing of interest has happened, and I have not been inspired. Therefore, rather than write something dull and totally uninteresting I thought I'd put up a couple of book covers. Which do you like the best? Difficult, eh? They are all beautiful...and not in the least boring, so there you go when prose fails go to picture. Cheerio!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm on Facebook

Hi, It's me Spencer and my mom just posted my picture on Facebook. I think Hollywood will come calling soon. What do you think?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life gets busier

I have been so busy lately. Still haven't got around to writing, and my half finished book sits on the computer patiently waiting, maybe shedding a tear or two at this neglect, do you think?

I've been promoting Dangerous Enchantmentand it must have paid off because I am in the top ten sellers at Whiskey Creek Press!

Friday sees me at I am really looking forwarded to it, they have this lovely guy Oliver who serves up delicious looking delicacies.

I decided to have my theme as "Merry England" Tomorrow is Saint George's Day (the patron Saint of England) and also the day that Shakespeare was born and,spookily, the day he died! So it will be lots of roasting and toasting, mead will be served by the swoon worthy Oliver, gosh I wonder what he will wear? You will have to tune in to find out! It's also appropriate since Dangerous Enchantment is a novel set in England during the 1480's, so there you go...lots of things going on. But oh, I long to write, I just wish I had the will. I guess it will come given time.

Ta ta for now!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Have you heard about this?

BLOGAMANIA is coming!

Would you like to discover exciting, new blogs, and have a chance to win hundreds of prizes while doing it? What you say? Where, when, tell me more! Well, read on and get ready for the event of the year!

BLOGMANIA is the event for you! You will have the chance to win hundreds of prizes. We’ve done all the work for you. No hunting or surfing for just the right blogs. Every blog you visit will have more links for you to follow, all of them with a special BLOGMANIA giveaway.

Each blog will have a number like this (12 of 72). These numbers will allow you to keep track of which blogs you’ve visited, and how many are left to visit. Now, how easy is this?

You can begin at any of our participating blogs, just look for the BLOGMANIA badge. The special BLOGMANIA prizes are only available for one day, April 30th. The number of prizes you could win is only limited by the number of blogs you visit. can start out on Romance with an Attitude Blog on April 30th to win. So mark your calendars my friends! You won't have the chance to win if you don't play.

You can find out more about BLOGAMANIA on twitter and facebook.

Spread the word and be there or be square!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Love it!

Kathy was saying yesterday that she writes even though not in the same financial position as Dan Brown. Kathy is not alone - hundred upon hundreds of writers do well but never achieve the super rich status, or even the ability for their writing to keep the wolf from the door! Why do we do it? Simply because first we have to, all these people invade our heads so we have to let them out, or go mad, and secondly we love it. There is a great deal of pleasure to be gained by taking your characters off to some place you always wanted to visit, but have never been able to. I love doing this. The research is such fun, you know people often say the planning is part of the pleasure, and that's how it is.

If you fall into the trap of writing solely for the money do you lose something? I always think some fabulous writers seemed to lose the will. They started off writing wonderful books and then somehow lost their way. I am not going to name names, but if you think about it I think you will come up with a couple.

Write for love and not money...but a little more money would be good, wouldn't it?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Most of us write because we want to and have to. For many, including me, the money is about enough to keep our printer in cartridges. Why do we do it?

I think we do it to give our characters life. It's pretty incredible too. We create an entire convincing world so our characters will have life and breath.

I can go a year with few rewards. A reader saying "I loved your novel" can sustain me for months. But this April has been a good month for me. I sold a story to Liguorian Magazine, a national Catholic magazine, and the next day found I had won first place for short fiction in the AAUW's (American Association University Women)state writing contest.

But this is not the norm and not what keeps me writing. I write because I need to find out what characters are up to.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Cleaning

What is it about spring that prompts us to clean? I'm not talking about the weekly chores we do around the house, the dusting and vacuuming, mopping the floors. Which we all know only get really clean when you're down on your hands and knees. It seems every year the urge to do something that could be considered exercise comes over me, when I least expect it. You'd think after all these years I would expect it, but the truth is, I don't even think about it until the mood hits me. And it's funny because it usually occurs the same time every year.

Being that it's Easter weekend you'd think I'd sit back and relax. That was my plan, actually. But let's be honest, I do that every weekend:) So Friday comes, and with it the uncontrollable need to do spring cleaning. I'm talking washing windows, folks. Cleaning the screened in porch, washing every dust catching nick nac that I can't live without, washing down walls, yadda yadda yadda! I think I made up for my yearly lack of exercise in one day. And...I still had time for a long nap. That was my reward.

I think, no I know, the urge came upon me by the comment hubby made the day before. We were discussing housework. He does more now because he's retired. But his comment made me furious. He said to me, "What happened to you? You used to fly through the house like a tornado." I wanted to rip off his horns! Why? Because I can't tell you how many times when I was flying through the house doing work that he would say, "Slow down, take it easy, catch your breath."

I have to admit it's nice that everything is so sparkling and clean. I figure that will last until the cats decide to race through the house when they're playing, spreading cat hair all over the place.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter yesterday.

Sunday, April 4, 2010


> All I need to know
> I learned from the Easter Bunny!
> Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
> Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
> There's no such thing as too much candy.
> All work and no play can make you a basket case.
> A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
> Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
> Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
> Some body parts should be floppy.
> Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
> Good things come in small, sugar coated packages.
> The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.
> To show your true colors, you have to come out of the shell.
> The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.
> May the joy of the season fill your heart.
> Happy Easter!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dangerous Enchantment

No lips had ever touched hers before; no sensual feelings had ever brushed her flesh. It was a delicious sensation, one that caused every pulse in her body to throb. His lips were warm and gentle, they slightly parted; she capitulated and moved her lips beneath his, which were insistent, probing, motivating her senses rather than her mind. A victim to these wondrous sensations, Kate allowed her arms to go around him, seeking the bare flesh below his hair line at the base of his neck. How hard it felt, strong, muscular, throbbing beneath her fingertips. He felt good. He smelt of the great out doors, of horses and grass. There was something wonderful about that scent. She was not certain what it was - a manly scent perhaps...

That is a little "taster" from Dangerous Enchantment. For those of you who have dipped into the book, or looked at the blurb, you will know it is set just before the Battle of Bosworth Field takes place. Well exciting things have been afoot in that direction. It seems where we all thought Bosworth Field was is wrong. Artefacts and fresh evidence have found another location - within the vicinity for sure - but not where I, and countless other admirers of King Richard the Third, have stood and wondered...

Does it matter? Of course facts are important but when I go to that area I feel overcome by his presence, it really doesn't matter where I stand. Besides no where does it for me quite like Middleham Castle, known as the "Windsor of the North" in Wenslydale Yorkshire. This was the place that Richard loved, and no wonder. Although a ruin the castle has a glorious atmosphere and its setting, in that most lovely of Dales, is perfect.

Still it is interesting because who knows what will be turned up as they further look at this discovered battlefield. I will wait and see.

Until then - enjoy the fiction, the facts can come later!